Crazy things pop into my mind throughout the day. I’ve been keeping a list of things I call That moment when… It’s kind of like my Things that irritate me list. So here goes: That moment when…
- you accidentally set off your car’s panic alarm and can’t find the key fob in time to disarm it.
- you realize your boss is younger than you are.
- you are rocking out, jamming, getting your groove on so hard in your car, you don’t realize people are staring at you (and pointing.)
- you realize the people you know and love did NOT pay attention in English class.
- while channel surfing come across a song from before your kids were born and you lose your darn song. (That’s my jaaaam! Finger snapping, hands in the a-yer)
- you realize you’re older than you act.
- the people you used to look up to become total idiots to you.
- you want to go straight ghetto fabulous/hood/gangsta/redneck/whatever, but you decide to keep your composure in Burger King.
- reality sets in two days before the holiday. (I invited how many people to my house? I said I’d cook what?)
- when you meet your significant other’s family; especially the same sex members of their family because you know they’re sizing you up.
- when you go into the public restroom for some “real” privacy and someone else comes in.
- while at the movies, a sex symbol appears on the screen and everyone screams except you because you’re with your significant other.
What about you? What’s your moment?