A little Mother’s Day humor.
Once upon a time…
- I could go to the bathroom in peace and spend as long as I wanted to in there.
- Drive a car without another body sitting next to me changing the radio station and stealing space in the cup holder.
- Go to the grocery store and stick to my budget.
- Go to the movies, buy 2 tickets and see an adult movie.
- Dine in a restaurant and not have to ask for extra napkins to clean up a spill.
- Leave work and go straight home.
- My day ended at 5 o’clock.
- I was the smartest woman on earth.
- A quick trip to Walmart was a quick trip to Walmart.
- Having active kids sounded like fun.
- Mealtime was simple – Hamburger Helper for everyone!
- The music I listened to was cool.
- I was a super shero.
- Laundry was a once-a-week thing.
- When I said STOP, it meant something.
- When I put something in a specific place, it was still there the next time I needed it.
- Saturday’s were days when I did NOT get up at the same time I did during the week.
- Breakfast could wait.
- Things didn’t “accidentally” fall in the toilet.
- I could walk through a completely dark house and not have to see a chiropractor or an orthopedic doctor the next morning.
- My quiet time was uninterrupted.
- I could close my eyes in the shower and no one was standing in the bathroom when I opened them.
- I wondered why there were so many stain remover product commercials.
- I didn’t worry about where the little ones were because they were always at my side.
- Wearing a helmet to skateboard, scooter surf or ride a bike seemed utterly ridiculous.
- I prayed for children and God gave them to me.
…and we all lived happily ever after. 🙂 Moms, you feel me?
Happy Mother’s Day!