As you know, I’ve been on my running high lately and I hope I am inspiring someone to do what they have dreamed of doing. When I think of my journey to running, it is easy to compare it to my journey to writing.
Writing and running:
- are desires I have had for many years
- take perseverance to reach the end
- are mentally and physically challenging (writing takes a lot of you, too)
- take a while to master
- are not easy, yet you can just do it
- don’t require a lot of equipment to get started
- make me feel good all over
- can be done alone
- have awesome benefits that everyone can see
- are cheaper than traditional therapy
Number 10 is my favorite. There are many times that pulling out my laptop or lacing up has saved me from saying or doing something crazy. I take it out on the keyboard or pavement and leave it there.
So, what say you? What’s keeping you from crossing your finish line? What’s your excuse?